Welcome to pyNastran’s documentation for v0.8.0!¶
The pyNastran software interfaces to Nastran’s complicated input and output files and provides a simplified interface to read/edit/write the various files. The software is compatible currently being used on Windows, Linux, and Mac.
The BDF reader/editor/writer supports 278 cards including coordinate systems. Card objects have methods to access data such as Mass, Area, etc. The BDF writer writes a small field formatted file, but makes full use of the 8-character Nastran field. The OpenMDAO BDF parametrization syntax is also supported.
The OP2 reader supports static/transient results, which unless you analyzing frequency response data should be good enough. It also supports F06 Writing for most of the objects. Results include: displacement, velocity, acceleration, temperature, eigenvectors, eigenvalues, SPC forces, MPC forces, grid point forces, load vectors, applied loads, strain energy, as well as stress and strain.
The Python OP4 reader/writer supports reading ASCII/binary sparse and dense matrices, and writing ASCII matrices..
A simple GUI has been developed that can view BDF models and display static/dynamic stress/strain/displacement/eignevectors (they must be real!) results from the OP2. Additionally, Cart3d, STL, and Panair are included.
- Quick Start
- Install Procedure - From a Release
- Install Procedure - From Source
- Example 1: Read/Write
- Example 2: Printing Nodes
- Example 3: Printing Elements/Properties
- Example 4: Get Element ID & Type
- Example 5: Get Elements by Node ID
- Example 6: Get Elements by Property ID
- Example 7: Get Elements by Material ID
- BDF Demo
- Let’s load the iSat model into the pyNastranGUI
- Loading a BDF
- Interrogating the BDF object
- Calculating the mass of the structure
- Write the modified deck
- We can also script the GUI!
- OP2 Demo
- Why use the OP2? Why not use the F06/PCH file?
- Validating an OP2
- Import the packages
- OP2 Introspection
- Acccessing the Eigenvectors object
- Accessing the plate stress/strain
- Accessing results
- It’s not like Nastran is perfect either.
- OP4 Demo
- Graphical User Interface (GUI)
- Features Overview
- Example 1
- Static & Transient DataFrames in PyNastran
- Transient DataFrames in PyNastran
- Manipulating the Pandas DataFrame
- pyNastran Package